Gail Rubke - Faire Frou Frou's Artist in Residence!







The weekend is a perfect time for relaxing and exploring your hobbies (painting, photography...), so I felt it was the perfect time to post the artwork of Faire Frou Frou co-owner Gail Rubke.  If you can see beyond the horrible quality of my photographs, you will discover some lovely lady portraits.  I say 'lady portraits' because that seems to be the trend in interior decorating these days, and Gail (my mom) certainly does tend to draw inspiration from the female form & face.  I posted some of my favorite oil paintings by mom, which most recently includes a portrait she did of me (top image).  I also included a painting of 'Ladies on the Beach' which is inspired by my favorite Joaquin Sorrolla oil painting (my brother and I  like to light-heartedly argue over who will inherit that piece).   
Gail does sell her work, so if you are interested in seeing more of her paintings you can contact her directly at "fairefroufrou @ gmail.com".
Which painting by Gail is your favorite? 

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

Posted in , , by ekkii at Saturday 14 August 2010.

Leave a Reply